Friday, November 5, 2010

I did a bad, bad thing...

Kay and I have been looking for the Right dog for us for some time. We haven't been in any rush. During an idle moment at work one day, I had the strange urge to look at Corgi rescues online. "Corgi rescue," I said to the oracle Google. The very first response was: Forpaws Corgi and Corgi Mix rescue dogs. I took a look at the main page to get a feel for the site, then went directly to the dogs up for adoption. Scroll past some puppies (sorry cuties, we don't want a destructive puppy), and *BAM* there was Molly, staring back at me:


How can you not love that face? I didn't want to jump to a hasty conclusion, but I already knew that she fit, and not just from her photo. Kathy and Denise did an excellent job describing her personality and history. So back to Google to look at a few more sites, just to make sure I wasn't in a fall-in-love-easily mood, and sure enough, no other dogs felt right, not even remotely.

So after a little bit, trying very hard not to get myself worked up or excited, I messaged Kay. "I did a bad, bad thing," I said.

"What did you do," she asked. She thought I had perhaps indulged in an unhealthy lunch, or purchased some bit of technology that I really don't need.

"I went looking," I said, and explained who I found. I sent her the link. She melted, and we decided to attempt to adopt her if she was still available. Boy are we glad that she was!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here are the rest of the photos from the adoption ad:









No comments:

Post a Comment